Commerce & Industry Minister Shri Piyush Goyal today launched DGFT ‘Trade Facilitation’ Mobile App during the online video conference, for promoting ease of doing business and providing quick access to information to importers/exporters.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Piyush Goyal said that very often, the simple trade-related process becomes cumbersome, and when they are available with a touch of a button, like with a mobile app, we will ensure the Ease of doing business and the speedy growth in international trade. “We desire to move towards paperless, automated processing systems, simple procedures for trade players, online data exchange between departments & digital payments & acknowledgements.”, he added. He said that truly imbibing Prime Minister’s vision of Minimum Government, Maximum Governance, DGFT is standing up for businesses as a true leader with e-issuance of certificates, QR scan process to validate documents. It will reduce transaction cost and time for imports and exports related processes, and usher in transparency. He said that ‘Trade Facilitation Mobile App’ is a symbol of India’s idea of Aatmanirbharta – Making governance easy, economical & accessible, as it symbolises shift in traditional thinking.
The new Mobile App of DGFT provides the following features for ease of the exporters and importers –
- Real-time Trade Policy Updates and Event Notifications
- Your Trade Dashboard Anytime Anywhere
- Access all services offered by DGFT in App
- Explore Item-wise Export-Import Policy and Statistics
- 24×7 Virtual Assistance for Trade Related Queries
- Track your IEC Portfolio – IEC, Applications, Authorizations
- Real-time Alerts on status of applications
- Raise and track help requests in real-time
- Share Trade Notices, Public Notices easily
The App will be available on Android and iOS platforms. The App can also be downloaded from the DGFT Website (https://dgft.gov.in). It has been developed by the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS),as per the directions of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).